S100: for the Point-&-Shooter, or not?

Started Dec 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
brobar Contributing Member • Posts: 506
Re: S100: for the Point-&-Shooter, or not?

I think it makes an excellent camera for the Point-&-Shooter... however if that is the only way it would be used then I feel the money could be better spent elsewhere. I really dig into the manual settings (half the time) to fine-tune the settings just to my liking to get that image just like I want it... then tweak it in PS if I need to. My wife on the other hand grabs my S100 and takes it with her to parties or get-together and leaves it strictly on Auto mode and couldn't be happier with the results. She LOVES that camera and never ever takes it out of Auto. So she would say it makes a great little p&s camera.

If I were going to purchase a camera for her specifically for the purpose of p&s... I wouldn't purchase the S100... because all of those great features along with RAW and manual modes would just go to waste. At today's $230 price for the S95... I would say that price would be a no brainer... even if the RAW and manual features went to waste by not being used.

Long story short... I think it would make a point & shooter (like my wife) extremely happy... but it is a ton of money to spend on features that really aren't being used by your typical point & shooter.

-- hide signature --

-Brock
A few of my images: http://www.brockbarnes.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow