Bower / Samyang 8mm Fisheye Lens

Started Dec 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ozarktroutfisher Contributing Member • Posts: 533
Bower / Samyang 8mm Fisheye Lens

So my 15 year old daughter has been hounding me for a fisheye and frankly I don't want to drop the money for the Nikon 10.5mm since I know she won't use it that much. I bought her a Tamron 90mm macro last year. She used it a lot in the beginning, and not so much now. Good choice on that lens from my perspective based on the quality and amount of usage and I'm thinking along those same lines here.

She has a very creative eye and doesn't mind working harder to get good shots as opposed to a P&S mentality ....... But she's never worked in the full auto mode; so I'm curious as to your thoughts on this lens for a D5000 body. I have zero doubt that she will quickly learn to set aperture and I assume the focusing won't be an issue anyway based on DOF.

I've read a little here about the lens but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on it. I'd appreciate any thoughts about it, especially if someone knows of an auto metering lens somewhere in that price range that I missed.

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Nikon D5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow