How many professional photographers bother with color management?

Started Dec 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP ComputerDork Regular Member • Posts: 225
Re: How many professional photographers bother with color management?

Neophytes like me have to talk about equipment to some degree because we start out not owning anything and have to decide what to buy. At this point though I'm pretty much stabilized on equipment and have what I need for the foreseeable future so I can stop worrying about it, finally. (For a while I had everything solved and just ignored equipment to concentrate on actual photography, but then I wanted to buy a printer and had to get back into researching stuff so as not to waste my money.)

What's dumb though is when people think that obsessing about equipment will improve their photography. I just have a tendency to want to solve ALL workflow problems at one time and perfect workflow so I can forget about it and go back to making pictures without being interrupted by problems and annoyances.

Hopefully my photo teachers next year will have broader experience and less of a tendency to make dichotomous declarations about things....

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow