JPEG shooters only?

Started Dec 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
Colweb Regular Member • Posts: 254
Re: JPEG shooters only?

I do RAW and JPEG fine. And fortunately the D7000 is that good that most of the time I don't bother to look at the RAW files. However, I do store them.

In my opinion it all depends on where you (lighting conditions) are and what your subject is. Sometimes photos get a lot better by doing some PP on the RAW file. But, I have made A3+ (32 x 48 cm / 12.6 x 17.7 inch) size prints from parts of a JPEG that came out perfect.

Could easily be that my PP skills aren't good enough to get much better results from manipulating the RAW file(s), but I also find it very time consuming to process all the photos I take in Photoshop or any other program for that matter.

Bottom line, from the 4000+ photos I took so far, only opened less than 100 of the RAW files trying to make them better. Because the camera stores photos so quickly, you should always shoot RAW as well. I consider them my 'negatives', so that if needed always can try to create a better JPEG.

Colweb's gear list:Colweb's gear list
Sony Mavica CD300 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow