NEX-5N vs. NEX-7

Started Dec 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
cxsparc Senior Member • Posts: 2,824
Re: NEX-5N vs. NEX-7

I paid a reasonable amount for the 5N, enjoy its positive aspects and can live with its shortcomings.

I would be just willing to part with the amount of money for the 7 if it were significantly improved compared to the 5N+EVF. Unfortunately, to me it isn

16 or 24 is bonkers to me. Hotshoe, connection for ext mic would be nice, but I found a way to get flash working as I wish. Ext Mic without volume control is not a big improvement. So it is just a lot more money for the 7. And as others said, I would require at least a better AF system in it, like in higher-end DLSR models which especially improve in number and quality of their sensors compared to the entry level models.

Both cameras are bound to be enjoyed, but I rather stick with the 5N+EVF, buy a 50 mm/1.8 and wait for the 6 or 7N

If Sony keeps improving its models at the current pace, it will more than intersting to see what level of perfectness they will then have achieved.

cxsparc's gear list:cxsparc's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow