Non-nikon service for D70?
Nikon will not touch my D70 to attempt a repair because it has been modified by LifePixel.com for infrared photography. The problem is the infamous 'CHA' error--intermittent problem recognizing a properly formatted/seated CF card in the slot--the reason I replaced the D70 with a new model and then decided the 'spare" could be risked for IR conversion.
Does anyone know a non-Nikon service shop that would be capable of performing such a repair?
The issue predates the IR conversion and occurs with a wide variety of cards, different sizes/makes/models, and the cards are fine in the other camera.
I am loth to give up on the camera because I quite enjoy the IR results I'm now getting:
Clouds and shadows at sunset
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%