Adobe Camera Raw sharpen?

Started Dec 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dsnoir
Dsnoir Contributing Member • Posts: 813
getting back to the image you shot

I must admit to being a tad confused by how and when to sharpen. I have my acclaimed super sharp lens and a 24 million sensor, and sitting in between a piece of Corning glass designed to add a mosaic effect, so that the sensor can use the information. Like others I have in the past followed the 'normal' route of sharpening as a final process - assuming that I had turned off the slight sharpening that ACR applies automatically - click on the 'Detail' button in ACR to see 25-1-25, with a bit of colour noise reduction thrown in as well - this is referred to as 'capture sharpening'

I now us ACR to sharpen as the very first process, working on the theory that this is the image I, the lens and the sensor took, and that whereas before I was working on a defused image, I am now applying different manipulations to the origional scene.

I do not recall softening images in the dark room before manipulating them.

Dsnoir's gear list:Dsnoir's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 SSM II +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow