Perspective control : shift and tilt lenses for mft

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022
Re: Perspective control : shift and tilt lenses for mft

Bob Meyer wrote:

You can get an EOS to m43 adapter and use your existing TSE lens. Canon makes a 17mm TSE, but if that's not the one you already have it's pretty expensive. Canon made an FD TSE lens, but only in 35mm, IIRC.

One option would be the Fotodix T&S adapter with a legacy FF wide angle lens.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=canon+FD+shift+lenses&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10992085317580666136&sa=X&ei=Iy3UTvOuL-TX0QHji737AQ&ved=0CFkQ8wIwBA

Frankly, I prefer to shoot my canon glass on the 5d, it doesn't make much sense to adapt it on an mft body. Those lenses are huge and dfeat the purpose of mft. I have the 24mm and anyway, on mft the 17mm would only be a 34mm.

After all this talk (and after some external research, I think that :
1) perspective correction is like action photography, better done in DSLR

2) the Nex cameras having a better sensor may be better suited for that than MFT : the Kipon shift adapter comes in more different mounts allowing more choice of brand, including small Voigtländer lenses. The problem with them being that they get strong color shift when the rear nodal point is too near of the sensor. I have to research what that makes if you convert to B&W.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow