Stuck between a rock and an Oly place

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Myndz Eye Junior Member • Posts: 32
Stuck between a rock and an Oly place

Greetings Olympus-ians!

My first post - been lurking for a while and have been doing a bunch of research on where my next investment should be to upgrade my old E-330.

I'm just an amateur/hobbyist that enjoys taking pics of family gatherings, low light night shots and cars.  I bought the E-330 because it was the first (back then) with a live view articulating LCD.  Great for taking pics of quick little kids and perfect for the knee high/waist level shots of cars without having to lay or kneel on the ground.
Quick inventory:  bought with the kit lens and splurged for an 11-22 wide angle.

With the invent of built-in HD video along with autofocus and great quality with the other brands, I'm torn if I should jump ship or stay with Oly with the lens invested.  Canon knowing to have great video quality and also Sony's a77 seem appealing.  Looked heavily at the E-5 and was really taken by the contrevorsy Oly is enduring.  Longevity is key for me and would either like to make the move once but the "scandal" has me thinking.
Would greatly appreciate your thoughts, inputs and suggestions.
Warm regards,
E
--
Don't sweat the pety things - pet the sweaty things.

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow