Bad Memory Card or a Nikon Problem?

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Prouddad New Member • Posts: 6
Bad Memory Card or a Nikon Problem?

I have an 8 year old Nikon D70S camera. A couple of months ago, I replaced its original memory card with a Promaster 4GB CF memory card. The original memory card seemed OK, but I didn't want it to die during my upcoming vacation.

Immediately after using the new memory card, I noticed that I couldn't upload images by inserting the card into the slot built into my desktop Windows PC. I now had to use my external memory card reader to do the same job. But at least I could easily upload my images. Then, the problem worsened.

The images looked fine on my camera's LCD screen but I could no longer transfer them to my PC at all due to error messages saying that the card contained corrupted files. I then downloaded a recovery program to restore these allegedly corrupted files and my images were uploaded properly to my PC with no data loss.

The camera shop that I bought the Promaster memory card from then replaced the card with a new one (same brand and model). Now, the same problem that I described above is happening again. I had to once again use recovery software to transfer images from the memory card to my PC.

I eliminated my PC as the cause of the problem because the same difficulties occurred when I tried uploading the images to my laptop. I don't know whether I have another defective memory card, a rotten brand card, a problem with my camera or a wacky card reader. What do you think is causing my problem?

Nikon D70s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow