Epson R3000 ink swapping: where is the ink dumped into ???

Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Apotheker Regular Member • Posts: 494
Epson R3000 ink swapping: where is the ink dumped into ???

Today I had to print some test images to create a few profiles on several types of Epson and Ilford matte ink type papers, which need a ink swap from PK to MB, but I do not see any activity in my waste ink collector. It look like if the ink is dumped along the overspray area on the left of the printer, but I touch it with my printer, but it only stains my finger with a light greyish teint, not the deep black one would expect from PK or MB and this overspray sponge is so shallow, I can hardly believe it is dumped there, if it is 3 ml's (from MB to PK)

Could it be that Epson has improved the switiching procedure by actually sucking the ink back from the shared damper reservoir of the black channel, then filling it with the alternative black ink and only flushing a tiny bit of it of it on the overspray area ?

My Epson Pro 3800 does a more rigorous job by dumping a considerable amount of ink into my waste inkt pad when changing from PK to MB and vice-versa. Especially from MB to PK really stains my waste ink tank.

I would expect a dark ink line flowing through the tubes of my waste ink tank, which I definitely cannot observe....so where is it ???
--
Crazy about printing, profiling and refilling printer cartridges

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow