Why make lenses with plastic mounting rings?

Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP magnumgf Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: It seems glaringly obvious...

This may be good enough for you, and that may be your truth. In my world these lenses are sub standard pieces of cr**

You asked for it, so here it is, after a quick search...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/nikondigitallearningcenter/discuss/72157606353463353/

"I have a question. Have any of you had to replace the awful plastic mount on the 18-55mm lens? If so, do you have any instructions or hints? Mine is broken and I have ordered the replacement mount, however, I am told there are no instructions on how to replace it. Just curious if anyone has replaced thiers. Any information would be helpful."

"thank you so much for your guide, it was INDISPENSIBLE! i broke the mount on my d90 and with your help, managed to fix it perfect again! kudos."

http://www.fixya.com/tags/broken_lens_mount

7 Categories

• Cars & Trucks

• Digital Cameras

• DVD Players

• Film Cameras

• Camera Lenses

• Spotting Scopes

• 35mm SLR Cameras

Camera Lenses

Posted by pete_and_marpete_and_mar
Spare part for Nikon 18-55mm vr lens

...lens I have broken the bayonet mount on this lens and need to purchase a specific anikon part 1C999-488 Part # 1C999-601-2 was the number Nikon said the part was
o 1 Solution
o Camera Lenses
o 0 Views
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX (silver) Lens

Posted by crturnercrturner
My Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-55 3.5-5.6G ED has a

...broken-nikon-dslr-lens-mounts-3271.html#post125961 The part # and Nikon contact info is listed there as well. Unfortunately your lens is one of the kit versions
o 2 Solutions
o Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX (silver) Lens
o 0 Views

Posted by CliPartCliPart
Lens got dropped mount broken

...up as parts Here is a write-up with photos on replacing the bayonet mount on these lenses: ...
o 1 Solution
o 0 Views

Posted by schultejoschultejo
Lens mount plastic is broken on Lens

broken on Lens I have the same exact thing happen but with an 18mm-105mm Nikkor Lens Unfortunately your lens is one of the kit versions which were built as cheaply
o 1 Solution
o 0 Views
Digital Cameras

Posted by atefhossamatefhossam
i have a nikon 18-105mm

...lens and part of its mount was broken so now it won't stay on the camera, so i was hoping for a quick fix to be able to use and also is it possible to replace the
o 1 Solution
o Digital Cameras
o 0 Views
Camera Lenses

Posted by rwalker663rwalker663
I have a NIKON DX

broken lens mount on the 18-105mm. Take a look at the backs of the two lenses. You should see the bayonet mount with three flanges. If one or more of the
o 1 Solution
o Camera Lenses
o 0 Views
EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Lens

Posted by imacoltfanimacoltfan
Canon 24-70MM 2.8 lens screw housing damaged

...lens mount was broken. I am now unable to mount the lens on a camera. With a lens of this quality its worth checking whether it's repairable. try
o 1 Solution
o EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Lens
o 0 Views
Camera Lenses

Posted by northernskynorthernsky
broken lens mount

...broken lens mount where can I get a replacement plastic lens mount from an 18-55mm lens off a D40x. I dont know how it snapped? I treat it like a
o 2 Solutions
o Camera Lenses
o 0 Views
F65 35mm SLR Camera

Posted by ahmed hassanahmed hassan
I had the lens mounted

...( 22 or 32 ). If your lens has no aperture ring, the post on the body at the 8 o'clock position of the lens mount is probably broken. It has to be replaced by
o 1 Solution
o F65 35mm SLR Camera
o 0 Views

and it goes on and on and on....

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow