AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
pierpa Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: No Nikon!

Henrik Andersson wrote:

CharlieDIY wrote:

Henrik Andersson wrote:

What ever you do don't get a Nikon using AA batteries.

Ok, I only have experience with two different models that were released with many years in between them but both have pathetic battery time. I can even use the batteries for other tasks after the Nikon cameras can't use them any more.

Well, other Nikon cameras with AA batteries might be better but you are warned :-), please verify with good reviews before you buy. My fiancées father didn't (Many years ago) and neither did I recently when I bought my young son a cheap P&S to play with, even though I knew how much my 'father in law' have complained about the battery life of his Nikon with AA batteries.

I have no experience of the Canon cameras that usees AA batteries.

What type of batteries did you use?

We've used both Alkline and rechargeable NiMH 2000mAh and up (to 2500MAh?). Different brands for both types. Other equipment doesn't have problem using the spare charge from the batteries after the Nikon P&S can't use them any more.

Just to check: did you choose the correct battery type in one of the configuration menu of the camera?

NiMH batteries are 1.2 V nominal, alkaline are 1.5 V, so if a device measures 1.2 V from the battery, and it is configured for alkaline batteries, it will signal low battery, while the battery has still plenty of charge.

I have a Nikon P50 which has a configuration menu in which the battery type can be selected. With 2000 mAh hybrid NiMH batteries and the correct configuration it can take several hundreds photos.

Just to be sure you are using your gear correctly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow