AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
mrsfixit
mrsfixit Senior Member • Posts: 1,473
Re: some people will never get it.

Sammy Yousef wrote:

mrsfixit wrote:

What I'm stockpiling is mp3 players that use AAA's. I listen to audiobooks constantly, and I only use players with AAA batteries. These are nearly extinct now and I'm grabbing whatever ones I can while they're still around.

I gave up on mp3 players after becoming disappointed with my 30Gb iPod years ago and regretting the decision. I just use my phone for audio books now...

I have 3 Trekstor mp3 players that use 1 AAA battery, and I will use them until they die. They don't make them anymore. They're only 1GB but they have great folder navigation and resume features.

I used to use my Palm PIlot for listening to audiobooks, but I hate it when you get to a critical part of a book and the thing shuts off because of a low battery.

I've had that happen to me with the Palm- it literally was "...and the murderer is..." and bam- low battery, off goes the device. I really hate that...

I like the fact that with a AA/AAA battery operated mp3 player I just pop in a new battery and resume where I left off. With the newer devices you have to stop and charge them.

That is very inconvenient.

Candice in PA
--

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-- hide signature --

Sinclair Lewis

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow