Would the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS make a noticeable improvement on this pic?

Started Nov 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
NetMage Senior Member • Posts: 2,910
Re: Would the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS make a noticeable improvement on this p

It is hard to say anything about sharpness with the low resolution image in your post, but it appears pretty sharp to me, though it seems focused a bit closer than the main subject - how were your AF settings?

As far as perspective correction, you can do that with Elements or lots of other software, though I did this correction with PaintShop Photo Pro as it has the best tool for this, I think. You simply match a rectangular area to be straightened, and the whole picture is adjusted so that rectangle appears parallel to the picture edges. It can cause your image to become softer, but again it is hard to see at this resolution.

I also darkened/saturated the image some, as it seemed to me to have too much flash, possibly caused by the dark curtain fooling the exposure calculation.

-- hide signature --

-- Please remove the Quote option!
-- Why can't you edit more than once???
-- How about switching to real forum software?

NetMage's gear list:NetMage's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Sigma DP1x Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow