AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,655
Re: Standardized rechargeable Li-Ion AA?

T3 wrote:

Well, just more proof of how illogical and foolish you are.

Really this says all that needs to be said about what kind of person you are and what use it would be discussing this further with you.

Heck, why don't you start a thread with your prediction as the topic. See how many others will agree with you.

I dare ya, I double dare ya?? Really? This is the best we can expect on dpreview now?

And I'd very much like everyone else to see who foolish you are.

If you repeat the word foolish again and again without making any counter point, clearly that makes your point of view more valid?

Not just on the topic of AA battery use but also this even more ridiculous notion that future cameras will be "pay per shot." Clearly, you have no understanding of how the market works, and how market forces cause certain features to succeed while other features fail,.

Again personal attack and nothing to back your point of view?

The printer market is pretty close to a pay per shot model right now the way they sell ink cartridges.

That's what happened with AA batteries vs proprietary batteries, and the same will happen if some company came out with a "pay per shot" camera.

Yeah and who'd pay per view for TV, that is ridiculous! The market will never let that happen.

But feel free to keep up the crazy. It's very entertaining! LOL

You're the one who has used the word fool repeatedly, and now crazy - a whole paragraph to make the point "syousef bad, market never lit it happen. Ug"

Uh, we're not talking about carrying it in your baggage, where such a small relative amount of weight is insignificant. But when it comes to something you carry in your pocket or in your hand, it becomes significant. Or to think of it another way, 87 grams is equivalent to taping two additional NB-4L batteries (actually, almost two and half additional NB-4L's) to the camera. That definitely is noticeable.

I'm sorry but
1. 87 grams is not such a strain, even for small children and the elderly
2. You don't carry all your spare batteries in your hand when shooting
3. Professional photographers carry MUCH larger and heavier gear

Plus, it isn't just about the weight. It's also about dealing with one battery vs four batteries.

Most cameras I've used lately have used 2 batteries. I'll grant it's a pain, but given how many pictures casual users take they may not even change batteries once on an outing. In fact I shoot a LOT of pictures and I still find that it's only on my heaviest shooting days that I'm swapping batteries.

In addition, it isn't just about dealing with one battery vs four batteries. It's also about dealing with four batteries with polarities requiring that each of them be installed in the correct orientation in the camera.

Oh my goodness, you're now trying to claim people are so inept they find it a struggle to replace 4 like cylinders in the correct orientation? You are joking, right?

I'm sure all of us have encountered the annoyance of installing multiple AA batteries, only to find that the device won't work because one of the batteries was installed in the wrong polarity orientation

No. Most of us don't regularly have that problem. It's not exactly a test to our mental abilities.

-- hide signature --

something that you don't have to deal with when using a proprietary battery which can only be installed in one direction. So as you can see, it's not just about weight. It's also about the number of batteries you have to deal with, and their orientations.

One more time please. I didn't catch that point the first 6 times you made it.

Plus, regarding weight, you also forget that multiple sets of batteries multiplies the weight difference even more. Plus, you multiply the number of batteries significantly. Heck, just having two sets of batteries means the difference between just two OEM batteries vs eight AA batteries, for example! And it becomes more complicated knowing which of those batteries are fresh, vs spent. It all multiplies. But I wouldn't expect you to have considered that, because I suspect multiplication might be beyond your skill level, LOLOLOL

You are the one having issues orienting batteries - something an young child masters quickly - yet you feel the need to make idiotic personal attacks based on my intelligence. Just grow up

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow