Back to 20MP (16/9)

Started Nov 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
Karl Scharf
OP Karl Scharf Veteran Member • Posts: 3,790
Re: Back to 20MP (16/9)

Michel J wrote:

seilerbird666 wrote:

I too use 16:9 exclusively. My laptop is 16:9 and it just makes more sense to me to compose in the format that the photo will appear in. Now if I only shot prints I would be in standard 2:3 format, but I only print about one photo a year.

Ever since the big 2009 switch to HDTV 16:9 is slowing becoming the worldwide standard for all TVs, movies, and computers. I hope someday it will be the worldwide standard for photos. 16:9 is the format that most closely mimics what the human eyes seen in the real world.

BTW, the "price per shot" is low in the digital world, up to the situation, but it's easy going back... to 2:3

Cheers,

-- hide signature --

Michel J

That is one of the big advantages of digital photography in general: you can change from one format to the other just by pushing a button. And once you load the images into the computer, you can further crop to any image size that suits your needs.

• Karl

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony a77 II Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow