AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Alternative Energy Photography Regular Member • Posts: 105
Re: Standardized rechargeable Li-Ion AA?

T3 wrote:

Plus, regarding weight, you also forget that multiple sets of batteries multiplies the weight difference even more. Plus, you multiply the number of batteries significantly. Heck, just having two sets of batteries means the difference between just two OEM batteries vs eight AA batteries, for example! And it becomes more complicated knowing which of those batteries are fresh, vs spent. It all multiplies. But I wouldn't expect you to have considered that, because I suspect multiplication might be beyond your skill level, LOLOLOL

Dude, your tone is becoming condescending and unfriendly. It's only batteries, for cryin' out loud!

I just bought a bunch of PowerPax AA battery carriers, so it's no big deal that it's 2 or 4 (or in the case of the Nikon MB-D11) 6 AA batteries instead of one. The carriers keep them tightly bound together when not installed in a device, and even allow for me to differentiate fully charged batteries from used/depleted cells. I'm good with that.

I can see why AA batteries are less and less desirable for compact and P&S cameras. But I really liked that Olympus for its ability to take an Oly battery pack or four AA's. And although I will get the MB-D11 for my Nikon D7000, I like the versatility.

Now can we put this argument to bed and spend our passion, energy, and anger on something far more evil?

I speak of the sinister WALL WART! It's the Devil's work, I tell you! Come on, who's willing to march with me?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow