AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
mrsfixit
mrsfixit Senior Member • Posts: 1,473
Re: some people will never get it.

Sammy Yousef wrote:

mrsfixit wrote:

Why can't they use rechargeable 9V batteries?

9V rechargables are expensive and not used often primarily because to get the high voltage you have to sacrifice mAh. Whereas a AA rechargable can be 2700mAh or more typically 9V is 200-300mAh with the higher mAh being expensive to say the least.

You're right. I checked my 9V Nimh's and they're technically 8.4V, and 300 mAh output.

They last a week in my husbands little amplifier though and he uses it 3-4 hours a day. So I can't see how this would not be able to power a camera, but I'm not an engineer so I don't really know.

We really do need a "standard" Lithium battery. Not just the size, but also the chargers and the availability to purchase.

Agreed.

Meanwhile there is no reason cameras can't be designed to last on 2 or 4 AA batteries. If they could do it 8 years ago up to 2 years ago, they can do it now. Frankly I hate that "pocketable" cameras generally don't even sit well on a table (they topple because they're too thin).

They can be designed to use AA's. The only problem I see is that AA's being heavy, do add to the weight of the camera.

I'm stockpiling AA cameras with P mode. Wish I could go back in time and make myself buy 2 or 3 more A590IS.

That's pretty funny. You sound like me. LOL

I still have my Powershot A80, A640, and A650, all of which use AA batteries. I will not get rid of them for any reason. In fact, I'm going to put them in my safe deposit box.

What I'm stockpiling is mp3 players that use AAA's. I listen to audiobooks constantly, and I only use players with AAA batteries. These are nearly extinct now and I'm grabbing whatever ones I can while they're still around.

Candice in PA
--

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-- hide signature --

Sinclair Lewis

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow