Someone saw an engineering sample of the new Fujifilm mirrorless camera

Started Nov 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zemes gaoson Regular Member • Posts: 148
Someone saw an engineering sample of the new Fujifilm mirrorless camera

Please don't ask me more about it because I don't know anything more than what I will say below. The following is what sketchily emerged from this sighting:

(1) The camera body is all metal, in fact seen in bear metal without exterior covering in the front.

(2) It has a viewfinder, but nothing inside the viewfinder was observed.

(3) It has a "View Mode" switch button (an important hint to the viewfinder)

(4) The top shutter speed is 1/4000 with no markings for x-sync speed (hope it is a global shutter with all-speed synchronization, but this is just my speculation)

(5) The body has a traditional flash shoe on the top.

(6) Judging from the size of the lens mount hole, the sensor is more likely smaller than full frame, but can't be sure (because although the camera is quite compact, it is not tiny and is large enough for a full-frame sensor).

(7) Three fast single focal lenses are being made: a 18mm/2.0 pancake, 35mm/1.4, and one with a longer focal (possibly 60 mm). Based on the selection of these starting focal lengths, especially the 18mm/2.0 pancake, I am almost sure it's not a full frame sensor. Very likely a smaller sensor, probably APS-C. It's all speculation, but read on.

(8) The camera uses a completely new sensor technology, presumably the Organic CMOS which has been developed by Fujifilm during the last 5-6 years. Fujifilm already said that the new sensor will have lowlight performance that rivals the current best full frame SLR sensors. And based on what I read about the Fujifilm's revolutionary Organic CMOS, I have no reason to doubt this claim.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow