AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,655
Re: No Nikon!

I use to buy Canon P&S cameras for pocketable take anywhere and Nikon DSLRs.

The Canon A-series cameras didn't do much in the way of zoom but were awesome otherwise. Most notable they had full PASM control. Then CHDK came out and I was in hog heaven. Well Canon has pulled PASM from the lineup and removed superfine setting while boosting the megapixels and noise. A series is not what it use to be. It WAS an excellent decently priced first step learning photography. It is now a mediocre dumbed down cheapy range. I have had issues with 2 of their P&S cameras developing dust even with proper storage. I've had issues with Canon printers and cartridges lately too on the latest models after years of loving their product and having no hassles. At one stage I was thinking of buying a Canon DSLR but after all that I now atively avoid Canon.

Nikon make great DSLR but their customer service has left a to be desired when I have had issues. Most Nikon P&S get mediocre reviews. So I avoid them.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow