AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Sammy Yousef Veteran Member • Posts: 4,655
Re: some people will never get it.

T3 wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

I'm sorry but I just don't buy that argument. Just as there are many standard NiCd/NiMH/Alkaline battery sizes, a manufacturer should be able to efficiently design around one of a selection of standard Lithium battery sizes. It is just one more component. Many other components come as standard parts that must be packed into the case.

It's amazing how obtuse some people can be. Yes, they can design "around" AA batteries, and manufacturers have designed "around" AA batteries. But the fact is that more modern and more camera-specific batteries make a much more efficient and tailored use of space than the 64 year old AA battery form factor!

So come up with several new standard sizes. It's not hard. Re-read what I wrote. I'm advocating a standard battery, not that we stick with AA batteries.

...and I repeat again. Camera manufacturers must work around the size and shape of many other components to build their cameras. The battery is just one more component. And there are only a handful of practical shapes. Usually some kind of rectangular box, possibly with rounded edges and corners.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow