AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
goetz48 Senior Member • Posts: 2,607
Remembers me on lenses

When I started shootin with SLR I bought a Yashica with 42mm 'Pentax' thread. Most SLRs had this and one could exchange lenses between brands. Then AF and open aperture measuring were invented, and each brand invented their own bayonnet. And you had to buy brand specific gear. Similar was with DSLRs. Some 10 years ago they were equipped with Alcali or NiMH cells one coud buy in most stores all around the world. But capacity was poor, one could shoot some 200 pics with one charge. In order to increase capacity companies switched to Lithium cells and became brand specific. I have some cells for the KM A2, had different ones for the Sony A100, and bought some for the A700. They all had the same cells inside, and the A700 batteries were even downwards compatible to the A100, but that did'nt help, since I had enough for my give away camera. And now I am totally surprised since A77 still has the same batteries like the A700.

I just have to say it is boring that Japanese industry is unable to use standardized accessory. Always some gimmicks that distinguish the brands in childish (or senile) way.

goetz48's gear list:goetz48's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow