Olympus E-PL3 vs everything else

Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BackBayBiloxi New Member • Posts: 1
Olympus E-PL3 vs everything else

I find myself in the market for a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera and I've looked and compared until I'm dizzy. Nikon's and Pentax's products in this market segment are a no go based on their tiny sensors so my selections are any of the M43 or APS sensor cameras. I have used the comparison widget on this site to compare the Olympus E-PL3 to most other MILCs (including the other PEN cameras) and the E-PL3 images just looks better than any of them to me. Even compared to most of the popular DSLRs the E-PL3 images look better on the comparison widget. The resolution and contrast appear superior to both the Sony NEX family as well as the MILCs from Panasonic. It seems to go against conventional wisdom that a M43 camera's images should rival an APS sized camera but based on the comparison widget I can't find anything else even close. Is the widget fooling me? This just doesn't make sense.

Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow