NX200 test shots - lenses, focus, and ISO 400

Started Nov 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
jj74e Senior Member • Posts: 1,633
Re: NX200 test shots - lenses, focus, and ISO 400, part 2 of 2

Identity wrote:

Andy Westlake wrote:

As I made absolutely clear in my first post, I don't think you'll ever see this blur as a problem in real-world shots (we've shot the camera extensively outside the studio and never identified it), so there's no obvious need for NX200 owners to avoid any shutter speeds at all. It's visible in our test shots because they have extremely fine high contrast detail such as the coins on the Martini bottle, and (slightly ironically) because they're shot under such controlled conditions, and scrutinised so closely, that any slight discrepency in sharpness gets blown out of all proportion.

-- hide signature --

Andy Westlake
dpreview.com

I wonder if the rigid studio tripod mount is actually contributing to the shutter shake? When handheld, or on an el-cheapo tripod like I have, the vibrations may actually be damped because the entire camera body is free to move slightly.

Have you guys ever had to put so much effort in to getting a good consistent set of test shots as this NX200?

Thank you Andy and DPR team for putting together the shots and for responding promptly this time to user complaints. Just a thought though- would it help at all to have some kind of gel or cushion around the camera on the tripod in order to help disperse the vibration from the mirror?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow