AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ring A Senior Member • Posts: 1,269
Re: so much for your "observation"

T3 wrote:

Ring A wrote:

T3 wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

I've found that not everyone is very environmentally friendly. In general I've found those with kids under 18 and married are more into convenience of having batteries to grab whenever needed, and throw away when dead. Because having to charge batteries and know what has been charged and when is another thing to complicate their lives. Just my observation.

And yet I've found that the sales of cameras with proprietary rechargeable > batteries overwhelmingly outsell cameras with AA batteries.

But that's because most cameras today use proprietary .... phew, tough one

There used to be plenty of cameras that used AA batteries. But as time went > on, the ones with proprietary batteries outsold the ones that used AA batteries.

But only because of the options that the MFG left was propitiatory or buy another camera.

And since manufacturers prefer to make products that sell well, cameras with these proprietary batteries eventually overtook the ones with AA batteries. And THAT is why "most cameras today use proprietary" batteries. In other words, cameras that use AA batteries lost the battle, and cameras with proprietary batteries won out.

-- hide signature --

'I don't necessarily believe everything I say'!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow