AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ring A Senior Member • Posts: 1,269
Re: No to AA's

RedFox88 wrote:

T3 wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

T3 wrote:

I don't know why anyone would want AA batteries in compact cameras. OEM rechargeable batteries are so much better.

Yet most likely you would not need to "run out" to get AAs as they are > standard and if you relied on AAs you would have a supply.

A aa battery user is as likely to forget extra aa's about as likely you you leaving your house without your pants on!

But what happens if you forget to charge your battery and it's near dead or has sat for a while and has become dead and you want to use the camera right away? You're SOL unless you have a 2nd battery, which the average P&S user probably won't have.

Heck, most AA chargers are larger than the compact P&S cameras that those batteries are going into!!!

Chargers? Who said anything about chargers? I have several family members that use standard AA batteries in devices and don't deal with rechargeable batteries. They buy a huge box and always have them if needed. Plus AAs can be bought practically everywhere around the world. Plus they are cheap compared to a special li-ion battery that might cost $30 to $60.

Yeah, that's great for the environment! Where do you think that "huge box" of AA batteries ends up?

I've found that not everyone is very environmentally friendly. In general I've found those with kids under 18 and married are more into convenience of having batteries to grab whenever needed, and throw away when dead. Because having to charge batteries and know what has been charged and when is another thing to complicate their lives. Just my observation.

-- hide signature --

'I don't necessarily believe everything I say'!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow