AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,166
Re: No to AA's

RedFox88 wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

I've found that not everyone is very environmentally friendly. In general I've found those with kids under 18 and married are more into convenience of having batteries to grab whenever needed, and throw away when dead. Because having to charge batteries and know what has been charged and when is another thing to complicate their lives. Just my observation.

Environmental waste is no small thing.

Dude we're discussing batteries not politics or the environment. Get on topic.

Dude, where do you think your boxes full of batteries end up when you're done with them? Spent batteries don't just magically evaporate into thin air when you're done with them! LOL. What a fool. Millions of spent batteries and their relevance to the environment definitely do have a place in this discussion. And it isn't just about what happens to dead batteries after you've used them. The production of millions of throw-away batteries also has an environmental impact as well. These separate batteries come in separate packaging, too. Multiply this by millions of products and millions of purchases, and it definitely does have an environmental impact. Just imagine if every DSLR and every compact camera only used AA batteries, instead of the rechargeable OEM batteries they currently do! Millions and millions of cameras powered by millions and millions of throw-away batteries. If you think this has no environmental consequence and is not pertinent to this topic, then you are truly a fool!!

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow