small sensor + tons of small pixels

Started Nov 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 14,347
Re: small sensor + tons of small pixels

granitespider wrote:

Isn't it funny? Everytime I see the megapixel push craze I just wonder... ever heard of film? Want better resolution and the best level of possible sharpness in an image? Leave the digital SLR to the side and go to film. Digital will never beat it unless they produce some crazy body/lens combo that nearly nobody will want to afford.

Everytime I see a post like this it makes me wonder if you are lib=ving on the same planet

I have some 20 year old magazines which when I look at the pictures, I realise that what I am producing today with my humble E-620 is better than 80% of what was produced then. When I look at today's magazines I'm still trailing a long way behiind the professionals but however you look t it digtal has been a fantastic step foeward.

-- hide signature --
 Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow