AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,014
so much for your "observation"

RedFox88 wrote:

I've found that not everyone is very environmentally friendly. In general I've found those with kids under 18 and married are more into convenience of having batteries to grab whenever needed, and throw away when dead. Because having to charge batteries and know what has been charged and when is another thing to complicate their lives. Just my observation.

And yet I've found that the sales of cameras with proprietary rechargeable batteries overwhelmingly outsell cameras with AA batteries. So apparently, your assertions and conclusions regarding the "convenience" of AA batteries hasn't applied to the sale of cameras. How many compact cameras use AA batteries? The top selling compact cameras all use OEM batteries. How many DSLRs use AA batteries? The top selling DSLRs all use proprietary OEM batteries. Furthermore, you'll also notice that no cell phones use AA batteries either. And few if any mp3 players use AA batteries these days either. The use of proprietary rechargeable batteries in today's compact electronic devices is overwhelmingly preferred in the marketplace. If it weren't so preferred, then we'd be seeing a lot more of today's high tech electronic devices using AA batteries. In fact, people are quite used to charging their devices (cell phones, mp3 players, tablets, laptops, cameras) and it certainly has not impeded the sales of these devices. If your conclusions where true, then "kids under 18" wouldn't want iPods, iPod Touchs and iPhones because they are "more into convenience of having batteries to grab whenever needed". So much for your argument and "observation" that charging batteries is too complicated for people's lives.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow