What's the largest size Cf card you own?

Started Oct 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
ianz28 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,382
Re: Based on this topic........

ianz28 wrote:

given that most people in this thread don't see a need for much more than an 8gb card why the constant increases and stoppage of producing the lower sized cards.

When I check new cards I can't even find options available for the card sizes I want.

I understand the constant increases in storage properties and card sizes.

But, seriously I'd love to see affordable cards with good transfer speeds at the 8gb card size.

8 or 16 gb card sizes with high transfer speeds would make me very happy and I'd buy multiples of those cards. Especially given my future camera purchases. I don't see myself ever buying a 64gb card for anything!

Perhaps I'm different........but, based on this forum post I'd say that most all of us are pretty serious and not interested in huge card sizes.

All about the money?

Ian

I should really rephrase a couple of my points here.

I have checked Newegg and a couple of other places.

The cards I want and use are still available. Yet there has been no additional development done to increase transfer speeds in the lower sized cards.

If I remember correctly the 8gb extreme Sandisk card is $60 and it's 3+ year old technology and transfer speeds.

The 8gb cards I use (sandisk) are 30mb per second which is 1/2 the speed of the "extreme" cards and if anything their price has actually increased slightly since the last time I purchased. Important to note that I haven't had to buy any of these cards for about 2 years.

ianz28's gear list:ianz28's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D5000 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow