Big assumption there.
I buy my used lenses from Fred Miranda. Haven't had a problem. It's a community of photographers who just want to buy or sell the lenses they don't use or need anymore.
Bought my 24L II and my 10-22mm there and I've been pleased.
I'd have thought somewhere like lensrentals would be OK to buy from as their kit will be serviced everytime it goes out for and comes in from rental.
i buy used lenses almost exclusively, but i don't buy them from a rental house.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%