AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,988
Re: AA batteries no longer the trend?

myst-vearn wrote:

Are cameras using AA batteries dying or manufactures are keen to get us to spend more on some proprietary battery? Or are proprietary batteries better compared to AA? At least if I'm not using my camera with my rechargeable eneloop's could be used in a range of other devices if they are not used in the camera.

It's a combination. Proprietary battery, plus a li-ion battery can be smaller and possibly lighter than 4 AAs and definitely lasting longer than 2 AAs. The trend is for smaller, lighter cameras.

The reason I don't use a proper dSLR, is because:
a) my workplace has good dSLR's but...

b). I hate carrying a huge beg full of lenses. Already I see my smartphone replacing a lot of my candid photo takes. Hopefully someone figures out why we are not getting the Altek Leo phone soon.

You only have to take as many lenses as you want. An 18-135 or 18-270 is going to easily allow you to take better pictures than a phone camera. Just find me a phone camera that has true optical zoom (not digital zoom or cropping).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow