AA batteries no longer the trend?

Started Oct 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: Yes, for several years now...

myst-vearn wrote:

Thanks, I did not know that Li-on have surpassed AA by a huge margin.

I use the dSLR for work and only P&S for recreational purposes. I would really like to upgrade, aside from the small matter I need to sell the S3 IS first;p

Smartphones are not that good for taking photos unless the SE cybershots, or Nokia carl zeiss, though I still think making an Altek Leo smartphone is the way forward.

More lenses-more jobs could be done, but then there is Photoshop for that. More like photoshop is making it quite easy to come out with good images where you used to carry lenses around. I read that Canon's vision for digicams in future is just have one lens which does a lot. From macro to zoom, and the I see the prosumer camera as a step in that direction.

Don't take everything you read from posters as "fact"

There certainly are disadvantages to AA's but there are obvious plus points too (pretty much a universal battery size, cost is cheap even for good quality Nimh ones)

This is dubious at best:

"8 dirt and corrosion accumulating "pressure contacts" for 4 AA batteries, vs. 3 dirt and corrosion resistant "self wiping" contacts for a battery pack. That's why AA powered devices that actually need to work reliably in the field, like walkie talkies, have their AA batteries welded together into a battery pack."

Never had any problems with AA's in cameras and def not with corrosion.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow