GXR vs NEX-7 Wide Angle Lenses Tested and Compared.. Steve Huff

Started Oct 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226
Re: You people will believe anything

uhoh07 wrote:

3 threads on this, so I'm replying to all. I thought there was going to be mods?

OMG the sky is falling becaue Steve Huff finally found a few M wides to test with!!!

Dealbreaker? Steves test tells us absolutely nothing...

I get where you're coming from, but I am very concerned. After seeing Robfromthepicturedeskca's NEX-7 + ZM examples, I thought for sure that it must be some kind of user error. However, seeing that Steve's shots seem to be of similar performance with wides, I'm getting concerned.

I've been shooting Sony cameras for 4 years, and I've been all for the 24mp sensor, in terms of resolution/noise, but even I am beginning to think that Sony screwed the pooch on this one. I had been planning on shooting a CV 15, ZM 35/2, ZM 50/1.5 and Contax G 90 on the NEX-7, but I'm beginning to think that I may try a NEX-5 with EVF.

Regardless, I really hope this is all a big mistake, and the NEX-7 will be as good as NEX-5 with wide rangefinder lenses. Fingers crossed.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow