Why do you use a FF camera?

Started Oct 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
drwho9437 Senior Member • Posts: 1,994
Why do you use a FF camera?

I am interested in hearing why you have decided to shoot a FF camera.

There could be many reasons: image quality, available optics, ISO performance, ergonomics, view finder size.

At the start of the APS SLR the lens lineup was a major reason for wanting to go FF, but there are now many fine optics for APS sized sensors. Bulk/weight are certainly downsides to FF SLRs.

I am interested to hear general well thought out thoughts.

I had always imagined going to FF (having long had a APS Canon setup), but after I acquired a m4/3 camera I am not sure there are many cases when I would want to carry so much heavier equipment. There is absolutely an IQ improvement, however, the only times I can envision taking out out of FF in place of m4/3 would be the same ones I take a tripod with (IE very rarely). One of the strong appeals for me for wanting FF was shallower DOF access and a better selection of primes. The 25mm f0.95 partly solves that for m4/3, however at 1K I could pick up a 5D MK I and shoot with my 50 f1.4... (and have less comma). Those are my thoughts love to hear yours.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbryce/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow