Nikon 1 vs. Pentax Q.

Started Oct 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
hikenhi Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: Nikon 1 vs. Pentax Q.

I kind of figured that the Q having a Higher "Quality Feel" was true just by looking at the pictures. In regards to the higher ISO than the Q, I don't know if it's going to make much of a difference. According to the DXO Marks it recieved: http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Camera-Sensor-Database/Nikon/1-J1 a ISO mark of 372 is pretty low compared to most entry level DSLRs that cost $100 less. I wouldn't even consider one of these systems over an entry level DSLR like the D5100 which practically scores identical to the D-7000 in overall IQ minus some mid-level DSLR features. The D5100 cost about a $100 less on average than the J-1 with a lens of similar range. The idea of a Mini-Interchangable Lense Camera is a just a step between Entry Level DSLR and P&S in terms of Image Quality. On the other hand, for a little extra weight and bulk, but a huge leap in image quality, you can get so much more with an entry level DSLR like the D5100 and pay even less.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow