Canon BCI6 refill
After several years of exclusively using OEM inks I have decided to start refilling with OCP. Reading the cloggging of Epsons thread, http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1003&thread=39558355 , a question comes to my mind.
I have two heads for my iP8500. The original one and a replacement one which has never been used. Currently I have 2 cartridges (OEM) almost empty, but the remaining 6 are almost full (OEM). Having in mind that the green and the red inks last quite a long time I have 3 choices:
1. To refill the two empty cartridges with the OCP ink and use the printer for unimportant prints until all cartridges are flushed and full with the same ink.
2. Profile often to "compensate" for the unpredictable ink mixture.
3. To use the new head with OCP inks and the old one with OEM inks.
What is your opinion about these options. I have a very good experience with drying and clogging. I have the printer since 2007 and sometimes did not use it for months. I have never had a clogged head. So, from this point of view, in my opinion, its reasonable to expect that taking out the head with the OEM inks and keeping it unused for several weeks will not lead to problems, and I will be able to switch between OEM and OCP, replacing the print heads...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!