Old Takumars on Sony A850

Started Oct 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
HopeSpringsEternal Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: Old Takumars on Sony A850

I definitely use adapters with focus confirmation. I don't remember who I bought it from on ebay. Maybe jin something. I brought one previously but then the AF chip fell off.

I can't focus worth a darn without the AF focus confirmation chip and I find that it the focus confirmation chip combined with the Sony A700 central AF point makes it possible for me to shoot at f/1.4 on the 50mm f/1.4 lenses and at f/2.8 without any problems on the 135mm f/2.8 one.

Another benefit of the chip is that it enables metering on the A350 and similar bodies and also anti-shake feature on all bodies as well.

I have the Samyang 85mm f/1.4 manual focus lens and it does not have a chip and as a result I probably only have about five to six in focus images from that lens even though I've had it for three years now.

The main disadvantage of confirm chip is the false focal length info (50mm) and higher cost. The focal length problem can be fixed by buying a specific version of the adapter programmed to your choice of focal length. That can even be more expensive than the usual chips.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hopeiseternal/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow