Sekonic L358 meter error?
I'm learning to shoot against a white seamless background. I've used my Sekonic L358 to set my two background lights (LP160 x2) at f11, giving me a blown out bg.
However, when attempting to expose my subject @ f8 (580EXII through Apollo 28X28 softbox) I get the E.U. message on the meter when held next to the subject's chin. I know this means that not enough light is registering. However, I am able to properly expose the subject. I have to completely overexpose the subject to get any reading on the meter.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your ideas,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4