No in-body stabilization in Nex. Stupid!(?)

Started Oct 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
Bebrox Contributing Member • Posts: 612
Re: No in-body stabilization in Nex. Stupid!(?)

Yes because all photographs taken before OIS and IBIS were invented are fuzzy aren't they?

I read a lot of comments where people seem to believe that stabilisation is touted as the 'be all and end all' in digital photgraphy. They bang on about 'legacy lenses' and how brilliant an IBIS equipped camera is. When you look at the mentioned 'legacy lens' you see apertures as wide as 1.2, with this wide aperture comes a fast shutter speed negating the requirement for Image Stabilisation.

I think some users are starting to wake up to the fact that IBIS/OIS can cause issues with the output in many circumstances.

What happened to using the correct aperture and shutter speed coupled with bracing the camera i.e. good technique? I am amazed that all of my film SLR cameras took great photos as all with out Image Stabilisation.

Explore the Hand Held Twilight mode in the NEX and discover what it can do in really lowlight, the results are amazing.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow