Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dylthedog Contributing Member • Posts: 753
Re: Doesn't that out-resolve many lenses?

RedFox88 wrote:

Dylthedog wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

Dylthedog wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

The rumor is a 4FPS camera with a 36MP Sony Exmor FX sensor using the D7000 pixel design. I hope Canon will compete well with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch, I like my lenses, and that sensor is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered (along with Nikon's famous AF).

That's quite a jump in MP - won't that stretch the glass in use whether it's the (rumoured) Nikon or a new Canon?

About 2 or 3 years ago Canon produced a prototype 52 MP aps-h b+w image sensor and Summer 2010 they made a press release about a 120 MP aps-h sensor. 'nuff said.

Just because they can make that kind of sensor doesn't mean they have a lens that out-resolves it.

They would not be making products if they were not usable. The 52 MP aps-h sensor had a 100% crop of a test chart and the details were sharp and clear.

I'm not trying to be difficult (it comes naturally! ) but once again all the links in the chain are relevant. Was the test chart geared up to test the sensor and lens or were they geared up for (at the time) current gear?

Also, it wasn't a product then (or now); it was in a lab. There are loads of of unusable products in labs.

Dylthedog's gear list:Dylthedog's gear list
Sony RX1R II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow