Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
J A K Forum Pro • Posts: 15,833
Re: Well, I've lusted over Nikon's 14-24 but was never keen ...

mattr wrote:

J A K wrote:

about the idea of purchasing an adapter for a Canon body. If your source is correct then this might be the time to consider a Nikon body and then pick up the 14-24 for those occasional very wide angle landscapes.

Yes, this is a lens Canon seems to be unable to match. And don't forget that Nikon offers some updated normal primes while Canon refuses to do so. I would immediately order the Nikon AF-S 50/1.8 together with a full frame Nikon body.

One year ago I lost my 5D2 and all lenses. I decided to get a 60D with a few lenses and wait for the next full frame model before replacing the 5D2. If a 36 MP D800 materializes and Canon has no good answer, I will likely buy the Nikon. I could sell my Canon 24mm TS-E II to pay for the Nikon 14-24...

Honestly, I think when push comes to shove you will not let go of the 24mm TS-E II. I would "think" (though I always reserve the right to be wrong) the "go with the new Nikon" decision is (or should be) decoupled from that particular Canon T/S lens, YMMV.

I don't own the 24mm TS-E II but like Nikon's 14-24 my lust level has always been high. The issue is many of my shots require a zoom for best composition; the T/S lens can't zoom and I can't foot-zoom at the edge of a cliff or when backed into the side of a canyon wall.

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/jkurkjia

-- hide signature --

SEARCHING FOR A BETTER SELF PORTRAIT

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow