Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
Skip M Veteran Member • Posts: 7,174
Re: Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Great Bustard wrote:

Skip M wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

The rumor is a 4FPS camera with a 36MP Sony Exmor FX sensor using the D7000 pixel design. I hope Canon will compete well with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch, I like my lenses, and that sensor is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered (along with Nikon's famous AF).

What happens to you if Canon doesn't come up with an equivalent?

I'm thinking nothing will happen to me at all. Do you know something I don't?

Will your photos look worse than they do now?

Of course not. My photos will look the same. But, that's pretty much the point, isn't it? I want to take better photos in more exteme conditions.

Will your clients desert you in droves?

If I were a pro (which I'm not), and my competitors all had the same skills I had, but they had the better camera, then, sure, it could cost me.

Will your car blow up, your wife (if you have one) leave you and you'll become a statistic?

Not really connected to a camera, methinks.

In the greater scheme of things, it's not that important...

Well, sure. So, what am I doing with a 5D and L primes, then? My phone has a camera, after all. But, in the lesser scheme of things, I'd like to know that the company that makes cameras that my lenses will work on is aware that they do have competition.

You do seem to have trouble spotting when someone is speaking tongue in cheek, but you were the one who said "I hope canon wil compete wel with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch." The implication is that keeping up with Nikon is paramount for you. Thus my question, "What happens to you if Canon doesn't..." If you're not a pro, and not going to switch, what difference does it make? In fact, if you are a pro, in the greater scheme of things, what difference does it make? I shoot weddings and portrats, my wife shoots boudoir/glamour in addition to that, and we have not lost a single client because we don't shoot with the latest and greatest. Our competitors have equal skills, or at least some of them, and some of them have newer cameras (notice I didn't say "greater") but none of the tout that fact and none of them have taken business from us, or anybody else as far as I know, on that basis.

You're probably doing the same thing with your 5D and L lenses that I am with mine, taking photos...
I'm quite sure that Canon is aware of Nikon's competition without your help...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow