Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP Great Bustard Forum Pro • Posts: 42,819
Re: Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Skip M wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

The rumor is a 4FPS camera with a 36MP Sony Exmor FX sensor using the D7000 pixel design. I hope Canon will compete well with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch, I like my lenses, and that sensor is pretty much exactly what the doctor ordered (along with Nikon's famous AF).

What happens to you if Canon doesn't come up with an equivalent?

I'm thinking nothing will happen to me at all. Do you know something I don't?

Will your photos look worse than they do now?

Of course not. My photos will look the same. But, that's pretty much the point, isn't it? I want to take better photos in more exteme conditions.

Will your clients desert you in droves?

If I were a pro (which I'm not), and my competitors all had the same skills I had, but they had the better camera, then, sure, it could cost me.

Will your car blow up, your wife (if you have one) leave you and you'll become a statistic?

Not really connected to a camera, methinks.

In the greater scheme of things, it's not that important...

Well, sure. So, what am I doing with a 5D and L primes, then? My phone has a camera, after all. But, in the lesser scheme of things, I'd like to know that the company that makes cameras that my lenses will work on is aware that they do have competition.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow