Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
MM1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,504
Re: My 17 AF points...

According to the threaded view this seems to be a reply to my posting, so I'll reply...

Keith Reeder wrote:

...Are better than the vast majority of the 45 AF points in any 1D prior to the Mk IV.

Well, given they're cross all the time, you're right. Although their L and T shapes aren't quite nice either.

You can't actually be so gullible as to automatically associate "more" with "better", can you?

No, I'm not. It's also what's behind the sensor. And the whole system. Sometimes even Canon stabs you in the back as non-1D user. For example, AF assist light works differently for the central sensor illumination on 1D and the rest of the cameras, giving 1D a better performance (tested 400D, 40D, 7D vs 1D2n).

We killed that notion when we were arguing about the 40D vs. the D300!

Added : Just looked at your website. One decent AF point would do you, so - please - just give it a rest...

My website? I'm not sure that I ever put a link in here. The search doesn't find it.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Martin

MM1's gear list:MM1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow