Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
sparkling elk
sparkling elk Contributing Member • Posts: 829
Re: Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

i find the crop mode (take a look at the 1.2 crop on the D3s) much more useful than reducing pixels (sraw). for what i should buy a camera with a 35mp sensor and then prefer or need shooting with half resolution? i already made the experience with the 21mp on the 5D2. it was a strange feeling to shoot with sraw1 (10mp) to reduce filesize while having the double capacity. of course it doesnt pain to have sraw modes, but i'd prefer the simple advantage of larger pixels. example: the difference between D3s (12mp) and D3x (24mp). i'd prefer a D4s (16mp) with (at least) 1 stop better lowlight performance over a D4x (35mp). but i have to admit, that a good resolution is also something that manifests in IQ. the question is what is enough. to me, a 5D3 with improved 21mp would be interesting, but perfect with 16mp.

of course: for those who want and need max resolution, its a different story.

thomas2279f wrote:

True.... rumors a bound of 2 Canon FF, 5d MK 3 with more advance AF and pixel size of 30mp+ and a lower res FF but with superb image and noise capture.

Hope Nikon will offer in addition to the DX crop mode Sraw1, Sraw2 option - very handy features from Canon....

sparkling elk's gear list:sparkling elk's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow