Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP Great Bustard Forum Pro • Posts: 39,908
Re: Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

joger wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

. . . I hope Canon will compete well with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch, I like my lenses . . .

is there any picture you really can't do with your current kit?

In terms of AF, yes, I miss more than I would like. In terms of IQ, yes, I could use more IQ on more than a few.

A high resolution 5D III without AA filter would be fine. Having said that I see really no image I can't do today with my 5D II except ISO 100 k shots - which is like saying my car can't do 200 mph so it's old fashioned

I am waiting for a 5D III or a 5D IV (or however this camera will be called) with no AA filter and plenty of pixels but the current 21 MPixel at the given quality level are so good that I even skipped my large format camera (which is now resting in self storage).

AA filters are there for a reason. Don't you think it would be odd if camera manufacturers put in an unnecessary component making their cameras have lower IQ and more expensive?

Getting better is a very good thing - the current quality level is fine for 24x36 inch prints without any printing problems.

Depends on the scene.

It's always the lenses the make the system interesting and in this respect Nikon still has a loooooong way to go to compete with some Canon lenses - I'd even say Zeiss is now years behind Canon and with the 200-560 4.0-5.6 the dogfight becomes even less attractive

Just try the fabulous 400 f/2.8 and your AF will be as good as it gets today - tried it myself and I really can't complain - even in dim situations.

I rarely shoot longer than 100mm. Most of my photography is at 24mm or 50mm.

The problems is always behind the camera

For me, the camera is the limiting factor for enough photos to make me want more.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow