video to Mac?
I have some limited experience with iMovie.
iMovie will only accept any video that I have taken (from either my camcorder or DSLR) if I actually plug the camera into the Mac.
If I download my movies say to an external hard drive using the Finder (file explorer) application then iMovie will not recognise them. It seems to want the movies imported directly from the camera itself.
e.g I copy the movies from my camera to the hard drive (without using iMovie) then later when I want to add them to iMovie, I cannot.
As far as I know iMovie will work with most if not all cameras.
However I do not think it is compatible with any frame rates other than 24 or 25 fps.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%