Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,158
Re: Yikes! The rumored Nikon D800.

Great Bustard wrote:

. . . I hope Canon will compete well with the 5D3, 'cause I can't afford to switch, I like my lenses . . .

is there any picture you really can't do with your current kit?

A high resolution 5D III without AA filter would be fine. Having said that I see really no image I can't do today with my 5D II except ISO 100 k shots - which is like saying my car can't do 200 mph so it's old fashioned

I am waiting for a 5D III or a 5D IV (or however this camera will be called) with no AA filter and plenty of pixels but the current 21 MPixel at the given quality level are so good that I even skipped my large format camera (which is now resting in self storage).

Getting better is a very good thing - the current quality level is fine for 24x36 inch prints without any printing problems.

It's always the lenses the make the system interesting and in this respect Nikon still has a loooooong way to go to compete with some Canon lenses - I'd even say Zeiss is now years behind Canon and with the 200-560 4.0-5.6 the dogfight becomes even less attractive

Just try the fabulous 400 f/2.8 and your AF will be as good as it gets today - tried it myself and I really can't complain - even in dim situations.

The problems is always behind the camera

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Zeiss Loxia 35 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MM1
MM1
MM1
MM1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow